Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Poorani jeans...

It was time to meet old friends,
It was time to sing "Poorani jeans"
Yes, It was time for Alumni Meet!

It feels great to return to your institute for the first time as an alumnus. It feels like you never left the place. Feelings like love, hate, anger, despair take a back seat and "nostalgia" takes over. You remember each and every little incident that took place when you were on campus.

Same thing happened to me when I went to IMDR on 19th August for the Alumni meet. I have always loved the two events, i.e. Alumni meet and convocation at IMDR. These are special at IMDR.

The Alumni meet is special because you meet your batchmates as well people from other batches who are making their mark in the industry. When I entered the campus, I felt like I have encountered an oasis in the middle of long journey through a desert. But I must say nothing can be compared to spending time with your old pals in the insti during the alumni meet.

There's a memory attached to each and every place.
The class room, where we used to absorb gyaan from gyaanis like DOC & Ghorpade.
The syndicate room where we used to have our operations lecture. Listening Pinak speak on SCM and enjoying the ban-wada and chai at the same time was heaven.
The comp lab, Where we used to struggle to reserve a slot so that we can complete our assignments.
The auditorium stairs where me and saurabh had a huge debate on some case study.
The Bodhi tree, under which we used to have our morning tea. But I remember this place more because me Saurabh and Prashant used to sit here and used to irritate people like anything. We used to call this a danger zone.
The canteen, where four of us discussed strategic issues over plates of misal pav and ban-wada
The TT room, which had become my favourite place in the last trimester. Some times I wonder what took me so long to like that place.

As usual there were cultural programmes and like always the show stealer was the IMDR song, Poorani Jeans...When you come to the insti as alumnus, you actually feel quite close to the song. Every word feels so true.

This year's alumni meet is over and everyone will be busy in their daily routine by now. Schedules, targets, meetings would be on the priority list but I am sure everyone at their back of mind would be singing

Yaadein... yaadein... yaadein rah jaati hain.
Kuch choti choti baatein rah jaati hain.
Bas yaadein...

2 comments:

Gayatri said...

नमस्कार आनंद. I'll send you the translation of 'kase saratil saye' via email. please mail me at gayatrinatu@gmail.com

Vivek said...

Dost,

your post made me nostalgic again. Hope to meet you this time on 28 August for Al-meet. Boy!!! I am badly waiting to go there now after reading this.

Hope to see u there!!

Bhima