Friday, July 09, 2010

2nd Innings and The Beautiful Game

Yes, this is a start to my second innings on my blog. It's been ages i haven't written anything here and yesterday when I read some of old posts, it felt like revisiting my old home town after a long time and suddenly I felt that I should keep this place alive and kicking :) and hence the second innings!

Football fever was at it's peak the last month. We are down to 2 teams now from the elite 32 (I wonder sometimes how India fared in the qualifiers...if they played any! Never heard anything on this topic). Good to see Spain and Netherlands in the final at least there will be a new winner. But all the teams that I supported went out one by one...England...Argentina...Germany. England payed the price for a very very poor performance. Argentina were very good in the first 2 rounds and then they lost it. But I really feel sorry for Ghana, if only Gyan hadn't missed the penalty. Anyways...now I am supporting the European champs Spain. It would be a deserving win for them if they can do it. Go for it Spain!!!

1 comment:

Anand Sarolkar said...

Yes!!! The Spaniards have done it :)