Thursday, December 30, 2010

Joy & Happiness

When I went to Pune for my convocation, I took a flight back to Chennai. It was the first time I travelled in an aeroplane and I enjoyed the experience. That day itself when I was returning home from the airport I thought that I should travel with my parents once, since they had not travelled in an aeroplane. This was back in 2007. After 3 years I got to fulfil my wish last month when my parents came to Chennai with me. They were so excited, just like a kid. It was really a joyful experience to see them exploring things and enjoying the journey. When we reached the airport, my wife showed them how the baggage is scanned. My mother was very surprised to see the technology where people can see inside the bags. Our flight was delayed by an hour and so we were waiting in the lounge for our boarding announcement. When we boarded the flight I was worried that my parents might feel uncomfortable during the take off bu thankfully nothing of that sort happened. They were very comfortable and infact liked the experience. Our flight was a late night flight and I was barely able to keep my eyes open but when ever i opende my eyes and looked at my parents, they were wide awake and alert and enjoying the experience. They also liked the view of the city lights from the window :)

I will not forget the expression on their faces throughout the journey, there was pure joy and happiness!

No comments: